Efavir 600 (Efavirenz)
Efavir 600Mg Tablet is an antiretroviral medication, used for HIV prevention and treatment. Efavir 600Mg Tablet belongs to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) class of drugs. Efavir 600Mg Tablet is prescribed to adults and children that are at least 3 months old.
Tell your doctor before he subscribes you this medicine:
- If you have any known allergies
- If you are allergic to Efavirenz or if you have any other known allergies
- Have a heart condition
- If you are pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant
- Have a history of seizures
- Have a prescription for boceprevir or carbamazepine
- If you have used or are using street drugs
- If you consume a lot of alcohol
- If you have had liver problems, especially hepatitis B
Common side effects of this medicine include rash, nausea, headache, feeling tired, and trouble sleeping. Other side effects include fatigue, headache, vomiting, and anorexia, dizziness and lack of concentration. In case you notice any serious effects after consuming this medicine such as depression, blood in the urine, difficult or painful urination, pain in the lower back or side, thoughts of suicide, liver problems or seizures, then seek immediate medical attention.